Simply put, the Ann Arbor CIL is run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities.
At the CIL, we prove that what you want for your life is possible. Since 1976, we have worked hand-in-hand with you to help you live the life you want to live. At the Ann Arbor CIL, our mission is to empower the lives of people with disabilities and advocate for a more inclusive community for all.
In addition to providing individualized services, community advocacy, and group workshops for your self-improvement, we are a dynamic community enrichment and recreation center filled with events and activities to help you connect with people and your passions.
- Advocacy to make our community more accessible, friendlier, and livable
- Assistance accessing community resources
- Career services
- Disability training for businesses and organizations
- Independent living coaching
- Peer support
- Small business development assistance
- Recreation and arts programming
- Transitions from nursing facilities back into the community
- Volunteer and training opportunities
- Youth programming