MMAP, Inc. is a free health-benefit counseling service.
Our Mission is to educate, counsel, and empower Michigan’s older adults and individuals with disabilities, and those who serve them, so that they can make informed health benefit decisions.
To help you find your way through the health benefits maze, MMAP sites are housed in regional Area Agencies on Aging, County Departments on Aging, Senior Services Agencies, Commissions on Aging and other similar organizations located throughout Michigan.
MMAP is a nonprofit (501c3) and operates under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors. Membership on the Board consists of a variety of organizations that provide services to Michigan’s older adults and people with disabilities.
- Identify resources for prescription drug assistance
- Explain Medicare health plan options
- Understand doctor bills, hospital bills and Medicare Summary Notices
- Understand Medicare/Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, coverage, claims and appeals
- Enroll in Medicare Savings Programs
- Review your Medicare supplemental (“Medigap”) insurance needs,compare policies and pursue claims and refunds
- Explore long term care financing options, including long term care insurance
- Identify and report Medicare/Medicaid fraud and abuse
- If you are an out-of-state family member, you can work with a MMAP counselor by calling 1-800-803-7174